Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Drive along Bhatkal - Kargal route

My day started from Honnavara. Early morning view at Sharavathi bridge was beautiful.

Another day for fisherman








Piece of land separating river from sea.

Pit stop at Apsarakonda

Took deviation from Bhatkal to Jog road. Few kilometers from Bhatkal, village K-gadde presents you a small waterfall.
5min walk from the school will lead to a beautiful spot.
Sad that the place was very much polluted by plastics, bottles etc.

Side view of K-gadde falls

Road side Chennekal falls was in full glory due to heavy rains.


















Just few kilometers from that another road side Chandemane falls was of good sight.


I proceeded to Bhimeshwara, an ancient temple next to beautiful falls.
I met Priest there who can arrange lunch/dinner on prior request. I had a very nice lunch there and continued my journey.

  Turtle shell like rock formation caught my attention.

I took deviation towards Dabbe falls. I parked my bike at the stream as i could not cross it. Walked to the village.

Villagers were busy with their work.

I had to disturb them to get guidance to the path leading to waterfall.
He was very courteous enough to stop his work and come along with me for some distance.

I was first shocked to see the trail going 90 deg down with slippery rocks. After descending about 30min with that risky effort, the view of Dabbe falls was spectacular.

Continuous rain had made this stream in full flow.

With great memories and my camera filled with photos, i turned back.

My day was tiring and totally drenched. Rain was continuous almost all my route. I took road towards Kargal, and reached Sirsi in the night.

Day-2 of Monsoon biking was filled with good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment